Try these quick and easy low carb snacks!
Here is a really simple low calorie and low carb snack that you can batch make and keep in the fridge so you have something healthy to reach for instead of something naughty!
To make these delicious little treats, just follow the recipe below.
Fat 6.4g | Carbs 2.3g | Protein 8.2g | 108 Cals per muffin
9 x Free range eggs
12 x Rashers streaky bacon
50g x Sweetcorn
50g x Peas
4 x Sun dried tomatoes
1/4 x Red bell pepper
50g x Cheddar cheese
1 x Small bunch chives
1x Tsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Thinly wipe the oil around each muffin cup, then line each cup with a rasher of bacon.
- Evenly put the peas and sweetcorn in the bottom of each cup.
- Chop and add the remaining veg.
- Whisk the eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups
- Chop the chives and finely slice the cheese, then portion out.
- Place in the oven for 18-25 mins (depending on the oven)
Feel free to add different vegetables that you either prefer or think would work better. Leftovers are ideal. Also, a little spike of chilli is delicious. Do let us know if you make them and please share any pics with us on our facebook page, zest24 or tag us in any insta posts, @zest.24